Customer Service & Warehouse Rep
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The Customer Service & Warehouse Rep DSD East is the primary contact for customers and support for the DSD East sales team at the Sheppard warehouse. This position will be responsible for managing all activities within the order processing cycle starting from receipt of orders to invoice processing & payments. This position will also support the team with the daily warehouse operations.
- Retrieve all customer orders received via email, phone or fax and process orders into the system.
- Verify entry of correct pricing into the system prior to processing customer orders.
- Respond promptly and address customer pricing, order status, delivery, and service information inquiries.
- Conduct weekly inventory count to ensure accuracy for fulfillment of orders prior to shipping and for sales & production planning.
- Manage stock shortages when required and communicate to DSD sales team & accounts in a timely manner.
- Post DSD sales orders: verifies purchase order prices and discounts and creates delivery notes for Driver/Sales to pick orders for shipments.
- Receive shipped Delivery Notes from Driver/Sales, process the invoices and forward to customers within the proper time parameters.
- Generate and forward monthly statements to customers and follow up when required for collection of outstanding payments within the company timelines.
- Collect payments daily from driver/sales and deposit at least three times per week.
- Responsible for the day-to-day accounting and related support functions of the DSD East Warehouse, including receivables, inventory control, and office administration.
- Deal with customer complaints & queries upon receipt. Forward issues to immediate supervisor or other appropriate personnel when required.
- Update customer account profiles and provide information for customer master updates to Sales Analyst.
- Co-ordinate demos working with Marketing Specialist East for gold standard execution at stores.
- Complete credit applications for new accounts and follow process internally for proper approvals.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English & Chinese (Cantonese & Mandarin) a must
- Completed High School or equivalent. Post-secondary education is an asset.
- Minimum 2 years customer service experience in a related fast paced order taking, data input and customer service environment.
- Experience in consumer-packaged goods industry specifically in the DSD channel an asset.
- Experience in a warehouse environment an asset.
- Able to efficiently process customer orders while effectively dealing with customer issues.
- Computer skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Have a valid Ontario driver’s license and own a car.
- Have a valid forklift license.
- Ability to lift up to 20 kilograms.
Please email your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods Inc.
Paul McIlwaine, Human Resources Manager
DSD Warehouse 4500 Sheppard Ave East Toronto Ontario M1S 1V2
Thank you for your interest in Sunrise! We appreciate your application, however, due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.