Health & Safety Advisor
As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our people and products to our workplace, we show care for people, have a team focus, and promote a respectful workplace, drive for excellence and a continuous improvement mindset.
Sunrise Soya Foods are seeking a Health & Safety Advisor to provide expert consultation and advisement for the continuous improvement of our health, wellness and safety culture at Sunrise Soya Foods. Working closely with the Vice President of Human Resources, our Health and Safety Advisor will focus on elimination of hazards wherever possible and bringing our occupational hazards to their lowest levels at all production facilities and work locations in British Columbia and Ontario. The successful candidate will champion health and safety standards and legal regulations through effective and empathetic communication and training with employees at all levels of the company. The successful candidate must also be able to deliver excellent internal and external customer service. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Come be a part of our growing tofu family.
The Qualifications & Experience we need are:
- A Bachelors degree, ideally in Safety Management or related field
- Minimum 2-3 years of working experience in health and safety in a fast-paced environment, ideally in a manufacturing environment
- Effective, respectful and inclusive interpersonal and communication skills built on a team-focused approach
- Strong verbal and written English language abilities across all levels and diverse cultures of the company
- Savvy with technology and using it to help with safety management program improvement
- Computer skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Agile and adaptable – being able to embrace change and identify both short and long term business opportunities
- Ability to work with a high degree of discretion and tact in handling confidential matters
- Ability to motivate teams to achieve safety goals
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills to meet the needs of employees, management and stakeholders
- Innovative in providing health and safety solutions to complex issues while sometimes working with ambiguity
- Strong presentation skills effective across varying audiences and technical expertise
- Detail oriented and ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Sound knowledge of health and safety regulations and laws in BC and ON
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment, maintains a position frame of mind and sets an example of professionalism for other employees
- Full-time permanent position, Monday – Friday. Flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as required to meet business needs and to respond to health and safety emergencies as needed
- Work is performed (50% in office environment and 50% in production facilities / work locations)
- Exposure to noise and a wet temperature varied environment when in the production areas
Please email your resume/CV to:
Email: [email protected]
Sunrise Soya Foods Inc.
729 Powell Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1H5
Sunrise Soya Foods is an equal opportunity employer, and we appreciate the diversity we enjoy at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.