Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
Our business has grown and we have an immediate opening for an IT Manager. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and IT Lead, this role will collaborate with all departments across our growing company. You are a hands-on, highly motivated, self-directed leader who is eager to solve complicated problems, while putting clients first. You enjoy being accountable for high-quality technical execution of projects and being part of an ambitious technology roadmap. You understand the importance of security to the organization.
- A hands-on role for an IT generalist with the ability to drive IT strategy and development.
- Set the tone. Demonstrate and advocate a “customer service” approach across the organization.
- Strengthen the foundation. Understand our current processes, procedures, tools, and ways of working. Suggest and implement improvements. Ensure our IT operations are rock-solid, reliable and scalable. Participate in budget maintenance and planning. Ensure knowledge is documented and shared.
- Oversee the application development process and user administration.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, and plan how to execute on projects contained in the IT roadmap. Help plan the roadmap to respond to the needs of a growing business.
- Execute on projects that have a positive impact on how the company leverages IT to do its business.
- Ensure information security. Ensure our backup, recovery, data retention and business continuity capabilities are solid and grow them in response to needs.
- Recruit and train staff or contractors as necessary.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the Company’s IT equipment including networking equipment, phone system, and IT infrastructure
- Develop IT policies and procedures to ensure appropriate IT general controls, IT application controls and appropriate information security
- Ensure IT security is maintained in accordance with the Company’s IT security policy
- Oversee the Company’s Application development process
- Administer user security and act as a “Super User” for all IT applications
- Oversee the Company’s IT help desk function
- Work closely with the Senior Management Team to develop and execute an IT strategy
- Develop and adhere to an annual IT budget
- Oversee the IT purchasing function and equipment replacement plans
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer
We are looking for candidates with a can-do attitude and a team-player mentality. Candidates must have formal Information technology training, with excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to respond professionally to inquiries. Ability to speak to people at all levels in the organization
- Ability to be self-directed and prioritize work as well as work effectively in a team environment
- Can-do attitude and team-player mentality with ability to implement best practices
- Experience with a broad base of Information technology tools, networking infrastructure and business applications
- Experience with Cisco networking equipment and connectivity solutions
- Experience with Ubiquiti Wireless solutions
- Experience with Azure and/or cloud ecosystems and tools, hybrid cloud solutions
- Experience with Office 365 collaboration ecosystem
- Experience with Windows Servers 2012, 2016, 2019 and newer core technologies
- Formal training or equivalent experience in project management, with history of practical success.
- Familiarity, in general, with EDI and ERP systems would be an asset.
- Experience with IOT’s, Python and Raspberry Pi’s or similar devices would be an asset
This position will be located at the Company’s 7808 Beedie Way location in Delta, BC or the Company’s Powell office located at 729 Powell Street, Vancouver, BC.
Please email your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods Inc.
729 Powell Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1H5
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-Time