Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The incumbent is responsible for operating production machinery, ensuring materials used for production and products made are within the quality and health and safety expectations. This position is also responsible to lead the production workers on their line.
SCOPE OF JOB
- Conducts start up checks and routine inspection to minimize machinery downtime and product wastage.
- Understands all aspects of product manufacturing, including ingredient preparation, proper production methods and quality standards
- Ensures that all equipment is operating in a smooth, safe and efficient manner.
- Reviews daily production schedule, bean loading plan.
- Performs minor repairs such as replacing sealing plates or gaskets. Ensures that machine parts are protected from water and moisture.
- Monitors and makes adjustments when necessary to maintain flow and standard product quality
- Stops production when product quality is in doubt and reports problems to Lead Hands, Production Management Team, Quality Assurance Manager and Maintenance Manager as soon as possible.
- Monitors production line worker’s performance to ensure that Company policies are complied with and production standards met.
- Ensures that daily production reports, raw materials usage records and operational control records are filled out clearly and completely.
- Complies and adheres to HACCP, SQF and GMP standards, requirements and practices
- Reports observations of any deviation to the process/procedure or a defect or nonconformance to the product which may result in a situation requiring food safety assessment and placing product on hold or scrapping the product to the management immediately
- Works within the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario
- Adheres to and enforces Company Health and Safety Policies
- Ensure all personal protective equipment is worn
- Identifies, controls and eliminates hazards
- Work is mainly performed in the production plant.
- Permanent Full-Time position. Shift rotation (AM & PM) and flexible work hours to meet Production requirements
- Must be able to work in a hot and humid environment
- Minimum 1-2 years as a Machine Operator or comparable position.
- High school graduate or equivalent qualification
- Food manufacturing experience and assets
Please email your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods Inc.
21 Medulla Ave Toronto, Ontario M8Z 5L6
Thank you for your interest in Sunrise! We appreciate your application, however, due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.