Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The Maintenance Coordinator organizes, maintains, and executes programs regarding preventive maintenance, parts inventory and purchase, maintenance work orders, and records management of maintenance activities and equipment performance.
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Attention to Detail
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Commitment to Quality
- Time Management
- Result Focus
- Customer Focus
- Maintain a yearly maintenance schedule (including daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly tasks) for preventive maintenance (PM) in conjunction with production.
- Maintain a yearly (including daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly tasks) maintenance schedule for the building(s).
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers of equipment, parts, tools, services, and supplies.
- Optimize space provided for inventory of parts and supplies.
- Manage the inventory/purchase order system for all equipment, parts, tools, services, and supplies
- Cost effective and timely management of all spare parts, services, and supplies.
- Conduct biannual inventory audits on all spare parts, tools, and supplies.
- Follow up on the execution of work orders in the system to ensure PM and emergency repair activities are carried out in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide guidance as a member of the maintenance team.
- Support Maintenance Supervisor, works as an equal member of the maintenance team, and provide hands on assistance if required.
- Work with managers/supervisors of other departments and sits in on production and food safety team meetings.
- Provide updates on equipment and parts operational longevity and planned replacement.
- Program and maintain activity tracking and equipment performance reporting on daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly bases.
- Participate in planning and managing the maintenance budget.
- Perform all duties in a work safe manner and wear Personal Protective Devices where and when appropriate.
- Comply and adhere to HACCP, SQF and GMP standards, requirements and practices.
- Report observations of any deviation to the process/procedure or a defect or nonconformance to the product which may result in a situation requiring food safety assessment and placing product on hold or scrapping the product to the management immediately.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards for people safety, food safety, quality, cost control, waste reduction and complete and on-time delivery
- Promote and follow all company and regulatory standards, including but not limited to; Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), Food Safety, Safe Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Ensure proper use of required personal protective equipment at all times
- Report all safety concerns to a member of your Joint Health and Safety Committee and your Supervisor/Manager
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- In the event that the Maintenance Coordinator is absent, the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Plant Manager shall act as backup.
- High school graduate or Vocational / Technical School Diploma
- Minimum 2 years of experience in maintenance in a production environment including 1 year of procurement experience in a maintenance department
- Valid Driver License (minimum class 5)
- Good verbal and written English language skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Strong team building, leadership and motivation skills
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Intermediate computer skills in Cad drawing, Excel, Word, MS Project and maintenance related software
- Other language skills an asset
- Permanent Full-time position (40 hours per week)
- Work is performed 50% of the time working in the maintenance office and 50% of the time working in the production plant (repairs / maintenance / projects)
- Exposure to noise and a wet temperature varied environment when in the production area
- Flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as required to meet business needs
- After hours availability on emergency calls
- Light lifting
- Wearing of company provided Uniform and other Personal Protective Equipment is required as applicable
Please email your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods Inc.
729 Powell Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1H5
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-Time