Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The Maintenance Electrician performs a variety of skilled activities ranging from but not limited to electrical safety improvements, trouble shooting, electrical HV & LV maintenance, machine modification, repair & re-wiring, and projects in the trades of electrical, PLC troubleshooting & programming, variable frequency Drive configuring & troubleshooting, High Voltage (600VAC & 240VAC) & Low Voltage (120VAC & 24VDC) work on all buildings and production equipment owned by Sunrise Markets Inc.
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Attention to Detail
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Commitment to Quality
- Time Management
- Result Focus
- Customer Focus
- Responsible for working Safely and following all applicable WorkSafeBC regulation, CSA Electrical code & complying with company policies
- Carries out preventive maintenance / repairs on all building and production equipment owned by Sunrise Markets Inc. under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Shift Foreman or the Production Supervisor
- Responds to emergency calls and carries out break down repairs as required on electrical & automation issues
- Reports major incidents (that causes a serious machine downtime or when extra help is required) to Maintenance Supervisor or Foreman
- Works jointly with the Production Lead-hands and Supervisors and other company staff on operating and troubleshooting problems with production equipment
- Assists in the Root Cause Analysis process to determine immediate cause and help develop sustaining counter-measures for electrical & automation related downtime
- Maintains a wide variety of electrical tools in good / safe working condition including annual safety inspections as required by WorkSafeBC Regulation
- Assists in the electrical design, fabrication and installation of new production equipment
- Assists in the re-engineering of existing production lines or equipment to ensure that continuous improvement and/or safety objectives are met
- Complies and adheres to SQF, OHS and GMP standards, requirements, and practices.
- Inputs into the computerized maintenance management system, the work performed, materials and equipment used and other comments as required in detail
- Performs other shift duties or undertake projects as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Shift Foreman and Director of Engineering
- Reports observations of any deviation to the process/procedure or a defect or non-conformance to the product which may result in a situation requiring food safety assessment and placing product on hold or scrapping the product to the management immediately
- Liaison with contractors & suppliers on projects & initiatives as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Shift Foreman and Director of Engineering
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards for people safety, food safety, quality, cost control, waste reduction and complete and on-time delivery
- Promotes and follows all company and regulatory standards, including but not limited to; Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), Food Safety, Safe Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Ensure proper use of required personal protective equipment at all times
- Report all safety concerns to a member of your Joint Health and Safety Committee and your Supervisor/Manager
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- Required Licensed Industrial Electrician in good standing (Red Seal preferred)
- Required PLC Ticket/Certification or a minimum 5 years PLC experience troubleshooting & programming ladder logic and variable Speed Drives
- Required good written & verbal English skills.
- Minimum 2 year work experience as a maintenance electrician in a food manufacturing background
- Additional Tickets such as Field Safety Rep – FSR Class ‘B’ or Class ‘A’, Power engineer ticket (Class 5 minimum) etc. a plus and will be evaluated by the hiring manager
- Must possess strength, stamina and mobility to perform heavy physical lifting of machinery and parts is essential.
- Able to work indoor and outdoor in all weather conditions
- Ability to operate mobile equipment including forklifts, boom-lifts, scissor lifts Etc.
- Good verbal and written English language skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Computer skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Permanent full-time (40 hours per week) position.
- Exposure to noise and a wet temperature varied environment when in the production area
- Flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as required to meet business needs
- Wearing of company provided Uniform and other Personal Protective Equipment is required as applicable.
Please email your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods Inc.
729 Powell Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1H5
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.