Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
Our Vancouver location is currently seeking Packaging Operators to join our growing Western team.
You will be coming into a plant with a heavy focus on: safety; our customers; our team (production and maintenance); best practices; and continually raising the standard. You may be underexperienced, but you understand cause and effect, and have a mindset towards attention to detail. You are comfortable around machinery and electronic control devises. You want to grow with us as we support you to build the skills for many future opportunities.
The Packaging Operator will be responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on assigned machines. The Packaging Operator will also be responsible for inspecting tofu to specifications and making adjustments, as necessary to maintain quality conditions. The Packaging Operator should be detail-oriented, able to follow instructions, work well with others, and help ensure that all safety regulations are followed.
We will place a high value on individuals who understand the value of: World Class food production principles & practices; team communication and the value of collaboration with the entire operations group.
OUR CORE BEHAVIORS
- We have two primary questions ahead of all our actions: Will this impact safety; will this impact our Tofu?
- Team first: Production & maintenance teams are driven by the same objective; we will work collaboratively to resolve any challenges in the most efficient and effective manner.
- We recognize the opportunity our new plant has presented us and we continually strive to be the best
- We will further develop your flexibility and agility: training and development programs will be offered to enhance performance.
- We live by data, standard practices and routines, and measure to prioritize our actions
- We take full responsibility for our actions and value transparency.
- We are going to be a lean structure and a busy organization: Team work and communication will be key for the overall success of the organization
- Conducts start-up checks and routine inspections to minimize machinery downtime and product wastage
- Cleans and sanitizes assigned equipment and areas.
- Assists in the installation, maintenance, and repair of machinery
- Verifies adequate materials and supplies are available to complete operations, as needed
- Operates tools in order to aid in the manufacturing process
- Provides innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Logs and records readings for equipment and procedures
- Performs periodic checks on equipment and solves problems, as detected
- Ensures that all equipment is properly sanitized as GMP requires before production starts
- Reports workers’ conflicts and concerns to the leadership team immediately so that follow up action can be taken in a timely manner
- Works with others in order to ensure that equipment is in proper working order
- Trains and mentors fellow employees to increase their skill level in all activities
- Observes and follows company safety rules and regulations
- Other duties as assigned by the leadership team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional communication and team building skills
- Work is mainly performed in the production plant
- Permanent Full-Time position
WHAT WE OFFER
- Training and development
- Opportunities for growth
- Medical/dental benefits upon completion of probation
- Great team atmosphere
- Premium rates for afternoon and graveyard shifts
Please email your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods Inc.
729 Powell Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1H5
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.