Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
This position will be responsible for local production planning, labour scheduling and other related duties to ensure maximum efficiency, resource utilization and cost savings. This position will evaluate, analyze and report on all production KPIs inclusive of but not limited to waste, downtime, yield and inventory management. This position works closely with plant supervisors, maintenance, warehouse, quality department and Toronto management team.
- Ensure personal and team compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards for people safety, food safety, quality, cost control, waste reduction and complete and on-time delivery
- Understand, promote, follow and ensure team compliance for all company and regulatory standards including, but not limited to, Provincial Employment Standards and Human Rights Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHS), Food Safety (GMP/SQF), Safe Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and
- Prepares weekly and daily labour schedule based on the master production plan. Making necessary changes to reflect any daily production changes and communicating with master planner.
- Ensures that daily production schedule is prepared on a timely basis and accurately. Communicates the production plan and changes to Production, QC, Maintenance and Operation team with sufficient lead time.
- Evaluates daily production uptime, machine downtime, yield, waste, efficiency and labour distribution.
- Develops a daily production report based on evaluation of yield, waste, labour utilization and downtime incorporating results from previous day, investigation of any discrepancies, find root causes and report accordingly.
- Lead/Expert user for the ERP system, managing all production requirements and inventory.
- Prepare a monthly line efficiency tracking, reporting monthly maintenance challenges by line and saleable cases produced by product by line vs schedule.
- Prepare daily/weekly/monthly materials variance report.
- Conduct/coordinate weekly production cycle count to ensure material availability
- Participate in annual inventory count
- Conduct plant capacity utilization study
- University degree, College degree or technical certificates preferably in food production
- Minimum 3 years of production scheduling and production analysis in related industries
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills built on a team-focused approach
- Office and plant environments
Please email your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods Inc.
Paul McIlwaine, Human Resources Manager
21 Medulla Ave Toronto, Ontario M8Z 5L6
Thank you for your interest in Sunrise! We appreciate your application, however, due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.