Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The Purchaser oversees the procurement and inventory performance of commodity groups as designated by the Director of Procurement for both Sunrise Vancouver, Delta and Toronto facilities. The incumbent ensures that all purchasing is done according to company guidelines.
- Responsible for the supply chain for key company commodities as assigned by Director of Procurement, by maintaining consistent quality and cost targets.
- Develop, implements, evaluates and maintains procurement programs and processes.
- Develop specifications, and conduct competitive bids and proposals.
- Track market movements in all commodities assigned to evaluate long-term price trends.
- Negotiate prices, terms and conditions. Administer contracts and PO’s and monitor vendor performance.
- Assist in the management of the movement and placement of materials and the proper rotation of stock in the warehouse.
- Contain and reduce the cost of purchasing, review monthly expenditures and investigate any price discrepancies.
- Establish partnership with vendors and provide feedback to resolve any problems with quality control or service issues.
- Produce monthly status report to identify overall status of projects, major achievements, goals for next period, risk assessment, and problem and recommended solutions.
- Collaborate with vendors, R&D, production, QA, and other relevant departments for implementation of new or improved products for the marketplace.
- Ensure food safety practices and processes are followed including SQF and GMP standards. Report any potential food safety related problems and/or non-compliances to own Manager, Production management team and Technical Services management team.
- Coordinate the disposition of obsolete inventory.
- Perform other duties and special projects.
- College or university degree in a related discipline
- SCMP, Operations Management or combination of education and experience.
- 3 to 5 years of purchasing/ procurement experience
- Experience in Food Industry an asset
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP procurement systems
- Good verbal and written English language skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Permanent Full-time position (40 hours per week), on – site at our Delta Plant Location.
- Works predominantly in an air-conditioned office environment but sometimes requires being in a production, warehouse or cold storage environment.
- Exposure to noise and a wet temperature varied environment when in the production area
- Flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as required to meet business needs
- Wearing of company provided Uniform and other Personal Protective Equipment is required as applicable
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Company Events
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care/ Dental Care/Extended Health Care on completion of Probation
- Salary: $60,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
Please email your resume/CV to:
Email: [email protected]
Sunrise Soya Foods Inc.
729 Powell Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1H5
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.