Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The Purchaser oversees the procurement and inventory performance of commodity groups as designated by the Purchasing Manager for Sunrise Vancouver, Delta and Toronto facilities. The incumbent ensures that all purchasing is done according to company guidelines.
- Responsible for the supply chain for key company commodities as assigned by the Purchasing Manager by maintaining consistent quality and cost targets.
- Develops, implements, evaluates and maintains procurement programs and processes.
- Assists with annual cost budgeting for department.
- Develops specifications and conducts competitive bids and proposals.
- Tracks market movements in all commodities assigned to evaluate long-term price trends.
- Negotiates prices, terms and conditions.
- Administers contracts, purchase orders and monitors vendor performance.
- Assists in the management of the movement and placement of materials and the proper rotation of stock in the warehouse.
- Contains and reduces the cost of purchasing, reviews monthly expenditures and investigates any price discrepancies.
- Establishes partnership with vendors and provides feedback to resolve any problems with quality control or service issues.
- Provides weekly updates to Purchasing Manager to identify overall status of projects, major achievements, goals for next period, risk assessment, and problems and recommended solutions.
- Collaborates with vendors, R&D, production, QA, and other relevant departments for implementation of new or improved products for the marketplace.
- Ensures food safety practices and processes are followed including SQF and GMP standards. Reports any potential food safety related problems and/or non-compliances to own Manager, Production management team and Technical Services management team.
- Coordinates the disposition of obsolete inventory.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Purchasing Manager
- College or university degree in a related discipline
- Certificate in Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP), Operations Management or combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of purchasing/ procurement experience
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP procurement systems
- Good verbal and written English language skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Computer skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Please email your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods Inc.
729 Powell Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1H5
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.