Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The QA specialist will support in coordinating technical projects such as regulatory affairs and food safety programs. The individual will also assist in the development of the SQF program and organic program to ensure implementation of the programs onto the production floor and any other area of the business that requires support. Also, will Conduct various types of internal audits and inspections as set out in the Internal Audit Program. Assist QA manager in investigating customer complaints and non-conformances to support the continuous improvement of product safety, quality and legality. Support QA technicians on day-to-day activities when required.
- Assist in developing documentation, implementation and staff training of the production facility’s SQF/HACCP, CQI, regulatory programs, food safety programs, policies and procedures in conjunction with QA Manager
- Scheduling and assisting in mock recalls and traceability exercise in regards to the SQF/HACCP, CQI and CPI programs leading to reassessment and, where necessary, improvement of established processes
- Investigating and analyzing root cause of non-conformances, writing report, developing corrective action plan for the non-conformances and following them to complete resolution
- Performing data trend analysis using statistical tools, reviewing and monitoring any deviations leading to the improvement in staff training and prevention strategies
- Liaising with other departments, procedures and legislative requirements in SQF/HACCP and other food safety programs
- Developing, reviewing and maintaining standard operating procedure (SOP)
- Support during company audits and ensuring compliance for; non-GMO, Kosher, SQF and Organic including any other regulatory or customer audits required
- Supporting CI team during trials or shelf-life establishment for any new product and ensuring regulatory standards are met
- Supporting QA department to ensure Hold and release program is maintained and products are released on timely manner.
- Initiates and performs internal audits and assessments that aid the development, enhancement, maintenance and enforcement of the Food Safety & Quality Management.
- Communicates internal audit findings to the required individuals and/or team members and follows up on corrective action required
- Through various means of communication, supports QA Manager ensuring that all departments maintain conformance to the written food safety, quality and, quality, food safety, and customer requirements (e.g., reporting of non-conformities, employee follow-up, root cause investigation, etc.).
- Ensures that corrective and preventative actions are taken when departments / individual employees do not conform with the safety and quality management programs.
- Works with Plant Management or Production manager and QA team on projects that will improve existing production processes.
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Permanent Full-time position (40 hours per week)
- Work is performed (40% in office environment and 60% in production facility) in Powell and Delta Plant
- Exposure to noise and a wet temperature varied environment when in the production area
- Interaction with employees, management, and the public at large
- Availability and Flexibility with work hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as required to meet business needs
- After hours availability on emergency calls
- Wearing of company provided Uniform and other Personal Protective Equipment is required as applicable
- A Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in QA food manufacturing filed
- Post-Secondary Education related area of study and/or equivalent experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills built on a team-focused approach
- Good verbal and written English language skills
- Computer skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work with a high degree of discretion and tact in handling confidential matters
- Ability to supervise and motivate a team to achieve and exceed their goals
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to multi-task and balance conflicting priorities
- Ability to identify issues and implement creative and strategic solutions to overcome problems
- Willingness and ability to collaborate with other departments in achieving company goals
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment, maintains a position frame of mind and sets an example of professionalism for other employees and able to work well under pressure
Please email your resume to:
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.