Sanitation Leadhand (Night Shift)
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
This position supervises and trains the sanitation staff and is accountable for the cleanliness (micro- and macro-levels) of all processing equipment and production areas.
- Train and supervise the sanitation staff
- Be knowledgeable and assist in and co-ordinate training in the following areas:
- Chemical Handling
- Pressure Washer Handling
- Safety Orientation and periodic review of safety awareness (including wearing Personal Protection Devices, lock out procedure, and WHIMIS)
- Progressive training of sanitation staff in GMP and cost-effective sanitation techniques and procedures
- Allergen issues and criteria for Allergen Prevention Program
- Proper cleaning procedures for all production equipment (including procedures on protection of all electrical and delicate equipment components prior to cleaning/ ensuring adherence to SOP’s)
- Ensure that all staff under your direction are equipped with and are using the proper personal protective equipment as required
- Perform daily inspection at end of shift to ensure all equipment are properly cleaned and sanitized
- Ensure that cleaning equipment, instruments, tools and accessories are adequate to do tasks and maintained in good working order
- Ensure that all cleaning chemicals, utensils, tools, and equipment are properly returned to storage at the end of each shift
- Provide support/coordinate with other departments (QA, production and maintenance) to make sure that all tasks are performed and completed on a daily basis in a safe manner
- Troubleshoot, document, and report line cleaning problems to Production/Plant Manager.
- Review weekly work schedules and make corrections if necessary
- Report any personnel issues on the shift to the Production/Plant Manager
- Ensure that there is an adequate supply of cleaning chemicals for each shift and prepare chemical requisition forms as needed.
- Monitor and manage water usage and waste water discharge issues
- Work in tandem with the sanitation crew to ensure all cleaning duties are performed within the allotted time frame.
- Report observations of any deviation to the process/procedure or a defect or nonconformance to the product which may result in a situation requiring food safety assessment to the management team immediately.
- Perform safety checks (Production Plant / Warehouse) and lock up procedures.
- Ensure effective communication of all policies and procedures to sanitation staff
- Other duties assigned by Production/Plant Manager
- Grade 12 or College Diploma or Post-Secondary Vocational/Technical School Diploma
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in food production or sanitation
- Progressive supervisory and training experience
- Basic Level 1 First Aid
- Good verbal and written English language skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Permanent Full-time position (40 hours per week).
- Work is performed 100% in production facility
- Must possess strength, stamina and mobility for heavy lifting, frequent climbing of ladders, and kneeling down to clean and/or pick up objects on the floor
- Frequent handling of caustic and acidic cleaning chemicals
- Flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as required to meet business needs
- Wearing of company provided Uniform and other Personal Protective Equipment is required as applicable
Please email your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods Inc.
729 Powell Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1H5
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.