Shipper / Receiver
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The Shipper/Receiver is responsible for ensuring that customer orders are picked accurately and safely loaded onto trucks as scheduled. The incumbent is also responsible to receive raw materials, components, finished goods, maintenance supplies as required and utilize WMS for all receiving activities in addition to supporting the production lines as needed.
- Ensures all customer orders are picked accurately and timely in order to meet scheduled delivery times
- Ensures all orders are stable, properly labeled and shrink-wrapped.
- Loading/unloading trucks/trailers
- Operates warehouse material handling equipment in a safe manner
- Ensures Food Safe requirements and SOP’s are followed at all times
- Assists in maintaining a clean and organized warehouse
- Compiles and adheres to HACCP, SQF and GMP standards, requirements and practices
- Reports observations of any deviation to the process/procedure or a defect
- Participates in inventory counts
- Reports any damage to warehouse equipment and property immediately
- Provide prompt and courteous service to all customers/carriers
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completed High school or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year’s experience in warehouse environment
- Certified forklift operator
- Sit-down counterbalance (class 1 )
- Stand-up reach truck (class 2)
- Walkie-Rider powered pallet jack (class 3)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Motivated & self starter
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Good communication skills – both verbally and in writing
- Good mathematic skills
$250 SIGNING BONUS OFFERED UPON HIRE, BENEFIT PACKAGE AFTER 3 MONTHS, $250 AFTER 3 MONTHS OF HIRE**
- Works in refrigerated environment
- Permanent, full time position (40 hours per week)
- 8-hour work day
- Uniform/jacket/gloves provided
Please email your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods Inc.
729 Powell Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1H5
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.