Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The Maintenance Supervisor, under the direction of the Plant Manager, plans, organizes, direct, control and evaluates the maintenance of all buildings and production equipment owned by Sunrise Soya Foods.
- Ensure personal and team compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards for people safety, food safety, quality, cost control, waste reduction and complete and on-time delivery
- Promote, follow and ensure team compliance for all company and regulatory standards for Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), Food Safety, Safe Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Provide leadership for employee relations through effective and consistent communications, coaching, training, and development and evaluation of employee performance for your team
- Oversee all departmental workmanship to ensure high standards and efficiency
- Oversee project management to ensure effective milestone planning and timely completion of deliverables to help accomplish company goals and mission
- Develops and maintains the week manpower schedule, ensuring the correct skill are at work at the right time.
- Develops and implements daily maintenance and safety checks on all equipment and tools
- Collects and analyzes data to identify the top reasons for downtime, and improves downtime performance.
- Negotiates contracts with outside vendors for execution of maintenance work
- Develops and maintains an effective Preventative Maintenance Program
- Works effectively with Maintenance and Production management to help develop training programs for Lead Hands and other employees on safe and accurate operating of production equipment
- Works with the Plant Manager to develop the Maintenance department budget plan
- Develops, implements and maintains a spare part and tools inventory without overstocking parts or tools
- Implements and maintain Computerized Maintenance Management system
- Provide technical leadership for Maintenance Technicians
- Identifies people, process and equipment problems and implements measures to improve productivity, product quality, and safety
- College Diploma, Post-Secondary Vocational / Technical School Diploma or Applied Science Technologist Certificate
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in maintenance in a factory environment, including supervision of staff
- Industrial Electrician Certification and/or Millwright Certification
- Strong problem solving and PLC programming skills
- Hands-on work experience on servicing motors, pumps, blowers, gearboxes, conveyors, packaging machines / equipment, boilers, compressors, lathe, milling machine, hand tools power tools
Please email your resume/CV to:
Thank you for your interest in Sunrise! We appreciate your application, however, due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.