4th Class Power Engineer
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
We are looking for a 4th class power engineer to work at our Vancouver location. The 4th Class Power Engineer performs a variety of skilled activities ranging from but not limited to safety improvements, trouble shooting, maintenance, modification, repair, and projects in the trades of welding, pneumatic, hydraulic, plumbing, pressurized air systems & steam boilers on all buildings and production equipment owned by Sunrise Markets Inc.
- Follow all health and safety regulations.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the boiler, refrigeration, plant equipment and processing systems.
- Carries out all aspects of preventive and reactive maintenance.
- Inputs into the computerized maintenance management system, the work performed, inventory, materials and equipment used and other comments as required in detail.
- Participates or leads activities within our Maintenance Process from: work identification; work planning; work scheduling; work execution; and work follow-up.
- Unscheduled repairs of HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, lightings and electrical systems.
- Works collaboratively with the Production and the rest of the Maintenance team.
- Maintains a wide variety of power tools in good / safe working condition.
- Complies and adheres to SQF, OHS and GMP standards, requirements, and practices.
- Reports observations of any deviation to the process/procedure or a defect or non-conformance to the product which may result in a situation requiring food safety assessment.
- Performs other duties or undertakes projects as assigned.
- Frequent ladder climbing and kneeling down to repair machinery.
- Exposure to loud noises and required to wear various personal protective equipment while working.
- Available to work any day/ any shift.
- Must possess strength, energy and mobility to perform heavy physical lifting of machinery and parts is essential. Lifting up to 50lbs.
- Ability to operate mobile equipment including forklifts, boom-lifts, scissor lifts etc.
- Required Minimum 4th Class Power Engineer Ticket
- Additional Tickets such as Industrial electrician ticket (Red Seal), Millwright, gas ticket (Level A/Level B), welding ticket (TIG/MIG), etc. will be considered at the discretion of the hiring manager
- A valid BC driver’s license is a definite asset
- Valid Fist Aid Ticket, Forklift operators’ ticket, boom-lift/ scissor lift operating ticket nice to have
- Willing to work overtime whenever required
- Ability to read & interpret mechanical drawings and equipment manuals
WHY WORK WITH US ?
- Annual incentive plan
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Company Events
- Flexible Schedule
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care/ Dental Care/Extended Health Care on completion of Probation
- $28-$35 per hour
Please email your resume/CV to:
Email: [email protected]
Sunrise Soya Foods Inc.
729 Powell Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1H5
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.