Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The Maintenance Electrician performs a variety of skilled activities ranging from but not limited to electrical safety improvements, trouble shooting, electrical HV & LV maintenance, machine modification, repair & re-wiring, and projects in the trades of electrical, PLC troubleshooting & programming, variable frequency Drive configuring & troubleshooting, High Voltage (600VAC & 240VAC) & Low Voltage (120VAC & 24VDC) work on all buildings and production equipment owned by Sunrise Markets Inc.
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Attention to Detail
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Commitment to Quality
- Time Management
- Result Focus
- Customer Focus
- Responsible for working Safely and following all applicable WorkSafeBC regulation, CSA Electrical code
- Carry out preventive maintenance / repairs on all building and production equipment owned by Sunrise Markets Inc. under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Shift Foreman or the Production Supervisor
- Respond to emergency calls and carryout break down repairs as required on electrical & automation issues
- Report major incidents (that causes a serious machine downtime or when extra help is required) to Maintenance Supervisor or Foreman
- Work jointly with the Production Lead-hands and Supervisors and other company staff on operating and troubleshooting problems with production equipment
- Assist in the Root Cause Analysis process to determine immediate cause and help develop sustaining counter-measures for electrical & automation related downtime
- Maintain a wide variety of electrical tools in good / safe working condition including annual safety inspections as required by WorkSafeBC Regulation
- Assist in the electrical design, fabrication and installation of new production equipment
- Assist in the re-engineering of existing production lines or equipment to ensure that continuous improvement and/or safety objectives are met
- Input into the computerized maintenance management system, the work performed, materials and equipment used and other comments as required in detail
- Report observations of any deviation to the process/procedure or a defect or non-conformance to the product which may result in a situation requiring food safety assessment and placing product on hold or scrapping the product to the management immediately
- Liaison with contractors & suppliers on projects & initiatives as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Foreman
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards for people safety, food safety, quality, cost control, waste reduction and complete and on-time delivery
- Promote and follow all company and regulatory standards, including but not limited to; Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), Food Safety, Safe Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Ensure proper use of required personal protective equipment at all times
- Report all safety concerns to a member of your Joint Health and Safety Committee and your Supervisor/Manager
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- Industrial Electrician Red Seal Certification.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing facility (preferably food manufacturing) as an Industrial Electrician is an asset.
- Strong preventative maintenance and troubleshooting abilities,
- Able to read and navigate electrical schematics and designs,
- Previous experience working with PLCs and VFDs considered an asset,
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment,
- Good verbal and written English language skills,
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills,
- Strong organizational and time management skills,
- Work well under pressure and with minimal supervision,
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Permanent Full-time position (40 hours per week). Able to work rotating shifts (day/ afternoon/ graveyard), 15-min paid coffee break, 1/2-hour unpaid lunch/dinner break
- Frequent ladder climbing and kneeling down to repair machinery
- Must possess strength, stamina and mobility to perform heavy physical lifting of machinery and parts is essential.
- Ability to operate mobile equipment including forklifts, boom-lifts, scissor lifts Etc.
- Able to work indoor and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Exposure to noise and a wet temperature varied environment when in the production area
- Flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as required to meet business needs
- Wearing of company provided Uniform and other Personal Protective Equipment is required as applicable
Please email your resume/CV to:
Email: [email protected]
Sunrise Soya Foods Inc.
729 Powell Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1H5
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-Time