Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
We are looking for individuals who are focused on growing their careers with one of the leading companies in the food manufacturing industry. If this is you, you will love working with Sunrise Soya Foods.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for ensuring production efficiency maximization through the effective utilization of labor, improvement of production methods, and cost control. Achieve results through a team approach, directing the work of production staff as well as working with other departments in the Company.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement within the production staff through regular feedback, coaching and training.
- Provides leadership and mentorship to ensure that day-to-day production outputs are met through her subordinates.
- Assists with the preparation of the weekly manpower schedule based on master production plan.
- Ensures that company policies and mission are communicated to all production staff; Motivates staff to work towards achieving company standards.
- Conducts weekly production staff meeting to address and discuss any production related issues and concerns
- Collaborates with Quality Assurance Manager, Technical Production Manager and lead hands in trouble shooting production related problems; cultivating a continuous quality improvement mentality on the production floor to resolve long term quality issues. Provides safe food production to ensure; SQF, GMP and Kosher procedures are met.
- Develops and enforces work safe policies and procedures to meet OHS requirements; working closely with H&S Coordinator in investigating WCB claims and to establish a continuous safety mentality in the work environment.
- Liaising with maintenance department to ensure that all production equipment problems are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- Attends/holds regular meetings with other departments to review and resolve production, equipment, health/safety, and quality-related issues, etc.
- Reviews daily production tracking reports (i.e. yield, wastage, labor utilization, downtime, etc.) from the previous day and investigate any discrepancy, finds root causes to develop and implements long term solutions.
- Conducts probationary and annual performance reviews with subordinates.
- Other duties or projects as assigned by the Production Manager.
- 70% on the production floor and 30% in an office setting
- Permanent Full-Time position (40 hours per week).
- Morning shift work hours 6:30 pm to 3:00 pm.
- Available to work any day of the week to meet production requirements.
- Answer internal enquiries after work as required.
- College, University, or Technical degree, preferably in food production.
- Minimum 5 years of production supervisory experience, preferably in the food industry.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good written and verbal English.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong teamwork/team building/motivation skills.
- Computer skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Email resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.