Quality Assurance Technician
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for filling an essential role in monitoring and advancement of food quality and safety programs. The QA technician also ensures the integrity of products through daily process checks as well as short and long term projects.
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Attention to Detail
- Commitment to Health and Safety
- Commitment to Quality
- Time Management
- Result Focus
- Customer Focus
- Verify production control sheets as well as performing production checks such as product temperature, weight, sensory, and texture, CCP, etc.
- Inspect finished products to ensure consistency and quality.
- Perform microbiology tests and monitors plant sanitation checks (equipment swab, environmental / air sampling, etc).
- Generate quality daily and weekly reports for Quality Assurance Manager including wastage, downtime, detained products, non-conformances, etc.
- Support quality control policies for production workers and performs personal hygiene checks through GMP training.
- Work with production and ensuring production processes and parameters meet specifications. Ensures safe quality food procedures are followed.
- Titrate and monitors the concentration of the cleaning chemicals and sanitizers.
- Calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Prepare ingredients for production.
- Perform product evaluation and trend analysis.
- Conduct pre-operational checks – inspect by performing visual checks and random swapping to ensure that equipment has been cleaned and sanitized before production.
- Perform other duties or projects as assigned by QA Manager.
- Adhere to SOP, OHS, HACCP, SQF and GMP standards, requirements and practices.
- Adhere to company working standards.
- Follow work safe procedures and wears protective equipment as required.
- Teamwork with other employees and leadhands
- Participate in root cause analysis
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards for people safety, food safety, quality, cost control, waste reduction and complete and on-time delivery
- Promote and follow all company and regulatory standards, including but not limited to; Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), Food Safety, Safe Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Workplace Hazardou Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Ensure proper use of required personal protective equipment at all times
- Report all safety concerns to a member of your Joint Health and Safety Committee and your Supervisor/Manager
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- University degree or diploma in Food Science, Food Technology or Microbiology
- Good verbal and written English language skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Self-starter, having self-discipline and the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Detail oriented and ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Computer skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Word & Excel
- Permanent Full-time position (40 hours per week)
- Each normal work shift is 8.5 hours, with a half-hour unpaid meal break & 15-minute paid coffee break
- Works in a laboratory setting and in the production area
- Rotational shift work
- Wearing of company provided Uniform and other Personal Protective Equipment is required as applicable
Please email your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods Inc.
729 Powell Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1H5
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.