Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
This position is responsible for ensuring that all production areas and equipment are hygienically cleaned and sanitized for Production.
- Wash and sanitize all production equipment and utensils; ensures they are free of dirt, soybeans, soy skin, soymilk, Okara, tofu bits and protein haze.
- Ensure that all floors are free of garbage such as tofu bits, soy skins, Okara, caps, plastic film, soy beans, paper, etc. Ensure that garbage is not be dumped into drains but is swept and dumped into the garbage bins.
- Prior to pressure washing or general rinsing of any equipment, properly covers all electrical components to prevent water from damaging the equipment.
- Follow all the working procedures, using the correct cleaning chemicals and correct concentration of the cleaning chemicals.
- Follow all the safety-working procedures and wear all the correct personal protective equipment when working.
- Report any machinery problems to Sanitation Lead Hand or to Maintenance staff.
- Perform pre-op and post-checks with team members.
- Perform sanitation checklist.
- Carry out special assignments given by QA Manager.
- Carry out production related assignments as required.
- Participate in root cause analysis.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards for people safety, food safety, quality, cost control, waste reduction and complete and on-time delivery
- Promote and follow all company and regulatory standards, including but not limited to; Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), Food Safety, Safe Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Ensure proper use of required personal protective equipment at all times
- Report all safety concerns to a member of your Joint Health and Safety Committee and your Supervisor/Manager
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION
- High school graduate or equivalent qualification
- Some experience in working in a food manufacturing plant is an asset
- Good verbal and written English language skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Able/willing to work graveyard shift
WHY WORK WITH US ?
- Annual incentive plan
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- On- Site Parking
- Company Events
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care/ Dental Care/Extended Health Care on completion of Probation
- Hourly Wage: $18/hr
Please email your resume/CV to:
Email: [email protected]
Sunrise Soya Foods Inc.
729 Powell Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1H5
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.