Best made with:
Chocolate Faux Cheesecake
- Entertain with Tofu
- Medium Firm Tofu
Our Medium Firm Tofu blends perfectly well in this recipe as a substitute for cream cheese.
|1½ pkg||Sunrise Medium Firm Tofu , drained and pat-dry|
|¾ cup||semi-sweet chocolate chunks|
|¾ cup||cocoa powder|
|½ cup||white sugar|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract|
|¼ cup||vegetable oil|
|2 tbsp||lemon juice|
|1 (9-inch)||prepared graham cracker or chocolate cookie crust|
|1 cup||melted chocolate|
|1 cup||fresh raspberries|
- Preheat oven to 175ºC (350F°).
- Microwave the semi-sweet chocolate chunks in a ceramic or glass bowl at 30-second intervals to melt the chunks. Stir after each interval.
- Using a food processor, combine tofu, cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla extract, vegetable oil, lemon juice and melted chocolate chunks. Blend until smooth.
- If using a prepared pie crust, simply pour the cheesecake mixture directly in. If using a chocolate cookie crust, follow package directions, then tightly pack down crust into a 9-inch spring form pan. Pour the cheesecake mixture in.
- Bake in the oven until cheesecake is firm to touch (20-25 minutes). Remove from the oven to cool at room temperature. Refrigerate until entire cheesecake is chilled.
- Garnish with melted chocolate and fresh raspberries, if desired.