Best made with:
Kimchi Tumeric Tofu Soup
- Gluten Free
- Medium Firm Tofu
- Ethnic Cuisine
Korean-inspired soup with mild spice. *This recipe was recreated and inspired by contest winner, Luzviminda.
|1 pkg||Sunrise Medium Firm Tofu|
|2 tbsp||Fish Sauce|
|2 tbsp||Soy Sauce|
|2 tbsp||Rice Vinegar|
|2||Garlic Cloves , minced|
|2 tsp||Grated Ginger|
|2 tsp||Korean Red Pepper Flakes|
|1 tbsp||Turmeric Powder|
|2 tbsp||Kimchi Powder|
|2 tbsp||Sesame Oi|
|900mL||Carton of No Salt Added Vegetable Broth|
|½ tsp||Sea Salt|
|2||Blocks of Glass Noodles|
|2||Baby Bok Choy , quartered lengthwise|
|3||Radishes , thinly sliced|
|1||Lime , juiced|
|2||Scallions , thinly sliced|
- In a medium size mixing bowl make a marinade with the fish sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic and ginger. Cut tofu into cubes and add to marinade, refrigerate for a minimum of 20min.
- In a large pot, bring the vegetable broth and 2 cups of water to a simmer over medium heat. Add in sea salt.
- In a small mixing bowl add the red pepper flakes, in another bowl add the turmeric and kimchi powder. Drain marinade from tofu into the broth. Divide tofu in half; place each half in the bowls of spices. Toss to coat.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat 1 tbsp. of sesame oil over medium heat. Fry the red pepper tofu for 5-7min, or until golden brown. Remove from pan and fry the turmeric tofu until golden brown.
- Add the noodles to the pot, continue to simmer for 3min, add in the bok choy and radishes, remove from heat.
- Serve soup with fresh lime juice and scallions.