Best made with:
Smoked Tofu Eggs Benedict
- Smoked Tofu
A vegetarian twist on a breakfast classic. Thick cut slices of smoked tofu add the perfect flavour to this morning dish.
|1 pkg||Sunrise Smoked Tofu|
|½ tsp||olive oil|
|4||English muffins , split and toasted|
|¼ cup||cold butter , cubed|
|2 tsp||lemon juice|
- Bring a small sauce pan of water to a barely simmering boil. Place a small metal bowl over the saucepan. Add egg yolks with 2 tbsp of water to the metal bowl and whisk together until slightly thickened (about 2 minutes).
- Whisk in the butter, one cube at a time, until sauce thickens (about 3-5 minutes). Remove saucepan from heat, keeping metal bowl over top the saucepan.
- Whisk in lemon juice and salt. Be sure to whisk sauce occasionally to prevent skin from forming.
Smoked Tofu Eggs Benedict:
- In large saucepan, heat 3 inches of water with vinegar over medium heat until simmering. Crack eggs individually into a small bowl. Gently slide each egg into simmering water. Poach until egg white is set and yolk is soft (about 4 minutes).
- In a skillet or sauté pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sear tofu, turning once, until heated through (5 minutes). Place one slice of the seared tofu on each muffin half. Top with poached egg and hollandaise sauce.