Best made with:
Sweet and Sour Marinade for Grilled Tofu
- Extra Firm Tofu
- Entertain with Tofu
Created by award-winning rebel chef, Antoine Sicotte, this sweet and tangy marinade is perfect for the grill! Enjoy using this marinade for tofu burgers or tofu skewers.
|1 pkg||Sunrise Extra Firm Tofu , grilled|
|3 tbsp||rice vinegar|
|¼ cup||maple syrup|
|3 tbsp||tomato paste|
|2 tbsp||soy sauce|
|2||garlic cloves , minced|
|1 tbsp||fresh ginger , peeled and chopped|
|2||green onions , thinly sliced|
- Grind all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Cut the tofu into slices to do burgers or cubed to do skewers (kebab).
- In a bowl, mix the tofu and the marinade. Let stand for 2 to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- For burgers, grilling the tofu slices on the grill 5 minutes on each side over medium heat. Brush them with remaining marinade halftime through cooking. Garnish the burgers with lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise. Serve.
- For skewers, alternate cubes of tofu and vegetables. Oil the grill grates and grill the skewers 15 minutes over medium heat. Return and brush with marinade several times during cooking. Serve.