Best made with:
Tofu Coconut Curry Stew
- Comfort Food
- Medium Firm Tofu
- Ethnic Cuisine
Heart-warming stew with lentils and butternut squash.
|1 pkg||Soyganic Medium Firm Tofu , cubed|
|2 tbsp||olive oil , divided|
|4||carrots , diced|
|2||small onions , diced|
|3||garlic cloves , minced|
|½||butternut squash , cubed (approx. 2 cups)|
|2 cups||split red lentils , rinsed|
|900 mL||vegetable broth|
|3½ tsp||curry powder|
|1 tsp||garam masala|
|1 can||diced tomatoes (28 oz)|
|200 mL||coconut milk|
|1||cilantro bunch , chopped|
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and cook onion and carrots on medium heat for about 5 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and stir for another 3 minutes.
- Add squash, lentils, spices, broth and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- In a non-stick frying pan, fry tofu in 1 tbsp of olive oil until browned on all sides.
- Add tofu and canned tomatoes, with liquid, into the pot and cook everything for another 10 minutes until lentils and squash are cooked.
- Stir in coconut milk and cilantro, serve and enjoy!