Best made with:
Tofu Fries with Soy Sauce Aioli
- Extra Firm Tofu
- Entertain with Tofu
- Kid Friendly
- Under 30 min
- Side Meals
These make for a crispy treat when you’re craving comfort food. The best part is, using tofu instead of potatoes means you get a bit more protein with your fries.
|1 pkg||Sunrise Extra Firm Tofu , sliced|
|Vegetable oil for frying|
|2 Tbsp||soy sauce|
|¼ tsp||sesame oil|
- Slice tofu into ¾ inch sticks.
- Fill oil to about 1/3 of a medium pot. Heat to 175° C (350°F). Meanwhile, line a baking tray with paper towel.
- Place corn starch in a shallow bowl or plate. Coat tofu with cornstarch and gently place in oil. Separate tofu pieces carefully as they are cooking to prevent sticking.
- Once golden brown, remove fried tofu from oil and place on paper towel-lined baking tray. Season with salt while tofu is still hot and repeat with remaining pieces.
- Place all aioli ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Make it vegan by substituting the mayonnaise