Best made with:
Tofu Walnut Burger
- Extra Firm Tofu
- Entertain with Tofu
- Kid Friendly
A vegetarian option even meat-eaters will enjoy. Healthy & flavourful ingredients all packed into a delicious patty.
|1 pkg||Sunrise Extra Firm Tofu , crumbled|
|2 tbsp||olive oil|
|1||large onion , diced|
|1||large carrot , peeled and grated|
|1||large bell pepper , finely diced|
|1 tsp||dried oregano|
|1 tsp||dried basil|
|1 tsp||dried dill|
|⅔ cup||walnuts , chopped|
|1 cup||bread crumbs|
|2 tbsp||light miso|
|2 tbsp||soy sauce|
|2 tbsp||Dijon mustard|
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Sauté onions, carrots, peppers, oregano, basil and dill for 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Crumble drained tofu in a large mixing bowl. Stir in chopped walnuts, bread crumbs, tahini, miso, soy sauce and mustard. Add cooked vegetables and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (400ºF). Generously oil a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Form patties approximately the size of your palm, form 8 patties by hand and place on the baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the patties are firm and browned.
- Serve with a hamburger bun and your favorite condiments.