Best made with:
BBQ Tofu Pizza
- Extra Firm Tofu
- Kid Friendly
- Under 30 min
Use pita bread instead of pizza dough to make fun, individual sized pizzas. Our Extra Firm Tofu gives a nice meaty texture to the toppings – a great way to sneak in some protein for picky eaters!
|Sunrise Extra Firm Tofu , crumbled
|flat pita bread
|red bell pepper , thinly sliced
|yellow bell pepper , thinly sliced
|mozzarella cheese , shredded
|fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 230°C (450°F).
- In a medium bowl, mix together half of the BBQ sauce and the crumbled tofu. Set aside for about 10 – 15 minutes and let marinate.
- Spread the remaining BBQ sauce evenly over the pita bread and place pita on a lined baking sheet. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the pita and the sauce.
- Distribute the tofu and the pepper slices evenly over the cheese. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the entire pizza.
- Bake until the pizza crust is crisp and golden and the cheese at the center is bubbly, approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped, fresh cilantro if desired and serve hot.
Make it vegan by substituting the cheese