Best made with:
Braised Tofu and Eggplant
- Ethnic Cuisine
- Soft Tofu
|1 pkg||Mandarin Egg Tube Tofu , cut into 10 slices|
|¼ cup||flour for coating|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|4||garlic cloves , minced|
|1 tbsp||fish sauce|
|1 cup||chicken broth|
|1 stalk||green onion (for garnish) , chopped|
|2 stalks||cilantro , washed, stems removed|
- Slice the egg tofu into 10 slices, approximately 1” thick.
- Coat the tofu with flour and pan fry until golden on both sides, set aside.
- Cut eggplant into bite size pieces.
- Blanch scallops in boiling water for 1 minute, drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in non-stick pan over medium heat, add garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Add eggplant, fish sauce and chicken broth to pan, braise until eggplant is soft and cooked, about 7 minutes.
- Add tofu and scallops and bring to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch with water and add to pan to thicken the sauce.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle with chopped green onion and cilantro, serve with rice.