Best made with:
Curried Ginger Tofu Stir-Fry with Roasted Cashews
- Comfort Food
- Firm Tofu
|1 pkg||Sunrise Firm Tofu , cubed|
|½ cup||Soy Sauce|
|3 tbsp.||Rice Vinegar|
|1 tbsp.||Toasted Sesame Oil|
|4 tbsp.||Vegetable Oil|
|2 tbsp.||Ginger , minced|
|2 tbsp||Mild Curry Powder|
|2 cups||Carrot , cut into matchsticks|
|4 cups||Red Cabbage , julienned|
|1 cup||Bamboo Shoots , julienned|
|1 cup||Roasted Cashews|
|Salt and Pepper to Taste|
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, the rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil and cornstarch. Set aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of the oil over medium high heat and add the cubed tofu and stir fry to warm through and the tofu becomes plump, 3 – 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 Tbsp of oil to the pan. When oil is hot, add carrot matchsticks. Stir fry until the carrot just begins to soften. Add garlic and ginger. Toss to combine.
- Add cabbage, bamboo shoots and curry powder and stir fry until vegetables are tender and still crisp. If the vegetables begin to stick, add ½ cup water to the pan and toss.
- Return the tofu to the pan. Toss to combine.
- Stir the soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil and cornstarch mixture and add to the vegetable stir fry.
- Toss in the roasted cashews and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with rice or noodles.