Best made with:
Japchae with Tofu
- Extra Firm Tofu
- Under 30 min
Korean sweet potato noodle stir-fry. A sweet and savory vegetarian dish.
|1 pkg||Sunrise Extra Firm Tofu , sliced long & thinly|
|8-10oz pack||Korean dried sweet potato noodles (dangmyeon)|
|2 tbsp||vegetable oil|
|½||onion , sliced thinly|
|2||medium carrots , sliced into matchsticks|
|½||zucchini , sliced into matchsticks|
|1||red pepper , , sliced long and thinly|
|3||cloves of garlic , minced|
|3 tbsp||sesame oil|
|¼ cup||soy sauce|
|3 tbsp||dark soy sauce|
|¼ tsp||black pepper|
|⅛ cup||sesame seeds|
|¼ cup||green onion , sliced (optional)|
- In a medium bowl combine the sauce ingredients, add in the sliced tofu and toss to marinate. Set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook noodles for 6-8 minutes until soft. Drain and rinse in cold water and set aside.
- Heat a large, deep frying pan on medium-high and add oil, cook onions and carrots, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and peppers and cook until tender, another 5 minutes. Remove everything from pan and set aside in a bowl, covered.
- Drain marinade from tofu and reserve. Add 1 tbsp oil to pan and fry tofu about 2 minutes per side, then add the marinade to the pan, heat for 2-3 minutes then add the noodles, stir to coat noodles with sauce. Add the vegetables back to the pan, stir, reduce heat to low, and cover for 5 minutes.
- Divide amongst servings dishes and top with sesame seeds and green onion.