Best made with:
Mini Tofu Frittata
- Extra Firm Tofu
- Gluten Free
- Side Meals
Bite-sized vegetarian-protein breakfast.
|½ pkg||Sunrise Extra Firm Tofu , cut into cubes|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|½||sweet onion , diced|
|1 cup||grape tomatoes|
|2 tbsp||fresh basil , sliced chiffonade|
|½ cup||black olives , chopped|
|¼ tsp||salt and pepper , if desired|
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a cast iron (or oven safe) pan, add the olive oil and onions, gently sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the grape tomatoes and place pan into oven for 5 minutes, or until the tomatoes soften. Remove the pan and drop the temperature of the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, cubed tofu, black olives, fresh basil, the cooked tomato and onion mixture and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into a greased muffin tray. Place into the oven for an 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown and set. Remove from oven.
- Serve with your favourite breakfast accompaniments or try with a crisp salad.
Substitute any of the vegetables for some of your favourites!