Best made with:
Steamed Sole and Tofu
- Medium Firm Tofu
- Ethnic Cuisine
- Under 30 min
This simple, healthy recipe shows off the silky textures of the fish and tofu. The ginger sauce gives a real taste of authentic Chinese cuisine.
|1 pkg||Sunrise Medium Firm Tofu|
|½ lb||sole fillet|
|2 tbsp||ginger , finely julienned|
|2||green onion stems , finely julienned|
|3 tbsp||soy sauce|
- Similar to cutting layers for a cake, cut the tofu into 3 square slices.
- Place the tofu pieces onto a large and deep-set plate for steaming.
- Place the sole fillets on top of the tofu pieces. Steam for 10 minutes.
- Carefully drain as much liquid as possible from the steamed dish.
- In a small pot, heat oil over high temperature.
- When oil is very hot, add ginger, green onion and sugar. Stir quickly and constantly until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat immediately.
- Pour the oil, ginger and green onion sauce over the steamed tofu and sole. Add soy sauce over the steamed dish. Serve with rice and vegetables.