Best made with:
Summer Salad Rolls
- Firm Tofu
- Ethnic Cuisine
Our savoury Flavoured Dried Tofu lends well to the refreshing Thai basil in this delicious wrap. Don’t forget to serve with the best part…the dipping sauce.
|1 pkg||Sunrise Flavoured Dried Tofu , julienned|
|1||cucumber , seeded and julienned|
|2||carrots , peeled and coarsely grated|
|½ bunch||Thai basil leaves|
|1 pack||thin vermicelli noodles , boiled, drained & cooled|
|12||rice paper spring roll skins|
|1||leaf lettuce head|
|3 tbsp||hoisin sauce|
|½ cup||peanut butter|
|2 tbsp||lime juice|
- In a small bowl, mix dipping sauce ingredients together and set aside. Boil several cups of water.
- Pour the boiled water into a shallow baking dish so it is ½ inch deep, allow 5 minutes to cool.
- Carefully, one at a time, dip the entire spring roll skin into the warm water, shaking off any excess water.
- Immediately place the skin on a large cutting board and wait about 30 seconds for the skins to soften.
- Arrange some ingredients in the center of the paper, forming a row down the middle. Leave space on either side of the row for folding.
- Fold in the sides of the skin inwards, then fold over the flap closest to you around the ingredient pile. Roll the skin up to make a tight wrap.
- Cut each roll in half and serve alongside peanut hoisin dipping sauce. Repeat steps 3-7 for desired amount of salad rolls.
You may substitute the Thai basil leaves with 1 bunch of cilantro.