Best made with:
Thai Style Tofu in Red Curry Sauce
- Comfort Food
- Extra Firm Tofu
This popular fragrant curry dish can be made anywhere from mild to red-hot (just adjust the red curry paste to your liking). Every bite is full of flavour, especially since tofu readily absorbs the sauce it’s cooked with.
|1 pkg||Sunrise Extra Firm Tofu , cubed|
|2 Tbsp||vegetable oil|
|1 Tbsp||shallots or onions , chopped|
|1||Japanese eggplant , cut into 2” long narrow strips|
|2 Tbsp||red curry paste|
|2 Tsp||fresh ginger , minced|
|1 can||coconut milk|
|2 Tbsp||fish sauce|
|½ Tbsp||brown sugar|
|1||red pepper , thinly sliced|
|1||yellow pepper , thinly sliced|
|4||Kaffir lime leaves , sliced very thinly|
|8-10||Thai basil leaves , coarsely chopped|
- Heat a large heavy skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot. Add oil, shallots, tofu and eggplant. Stir-fry until eggplant is tender.
- Add curry paste, ginger and coconut milk. Stir and bring to a boil for 1 minute.
- Add fish sauce and sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add peppers and kaffir lime leaves (or lime zest). Toss gently, lower heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add basil leaves and cook until basil leaves begin to wilt. Serve immediately with steamed rice or cooked rice noodles.
Make it vegan by excluding the fish sauce.