Best made with:
Thai Tofu Kale & Quinoa Salad
- Firm Tofu
- Under 30 min
A healthy salad, packed with fresh veggies and flavour.
|1 pkg||Sunrise Firm Tofu , cubed|
|½ cup||tricolour quinoa|
|3 tbsp||canola oil|
|1 tbsp||sesame oil|
|½ cup||unsalted raw cashews|
|¼ cup||thai red chilies|
|1||small onion , sliced thin|
|2||garlic cloves , minced|
|1 tbsp||lime juice|
|2 cups||baby kale|
|2||green onions , sliced thin for garnish|
|2 tbsp||toasted sesame seeds , for garnish|
|2 tbsp||low sodium soy sauce|
|1 tbsp||dark soy sauce|
|2 tsp||oyster sauce|
|¼ tsp||white ground pepper|
|1 tbsp||peanut butter|
|3 tbsp||stock or water|
- Press tofu between sheets of paper towel to get rid of excess water. Allow to sit 10 minutes, replacing paper towel if needed. Cut into ½” cubes. Dust in flour.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Using a wok or large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add both oils to pan. Fry cashews for 1 minute until golden brown, remove and set aside. Next fry the whole chilies for 2 minutes, remove and discard. Fry the tofu next until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Next sauté the onions until translucent, about 2 minutes, add the garlic and peppers and continue to sauté another 2 minutes.
- Add the sauce and lime juice to the pan, stir 1 minute then add the cashews, chilies and tofu back into the pan and stir to coat in sauce.
- In a large serving bowl mix the cooked quinoa with the baby kale. Pour the cashew tofu mixture over the quinoa and gently stir to combine.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.