Best made with:
Tofu and Fish in Tomato Sauce
- Ethnic Cuisine
- Soft Tofu
Served family style
|½ pkg||Sunrise Smooth Freshpack Tofu , cubed|
|300g||white fish fillet , clean and cut into slices|
|pinch of pepper|
|2||tomatoes , cut in wedges|
|½ cup||low sodium chicken broth|
|1 tsp||olive oil|
|2 stalks||green onion , cut into 1” long slices|
|2 stalks||cilantro , stemmed removed, lightly chopped|
|2 sheets||dried seaweed , shredded|
- Clean the fish and cut into slices. Season with salt and pepper.
- Steam the tofu until well done, about 10 minutes.
- Cut the tomatoes and green onions into pieces.
- Heat a large skillet, add oil. Fry ginger and green onion for 2 minutes, add the fish fillets and fry for about 2 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Add in the tomatoes and chicken broth, bring to a boil and season to taste.
- Mix the cornstarch with the water and add to the pan to thicken the sauce.
- Divide tofu evenly amongst plates, pour the fish/sauce mixture on top. Garnish with cilantro and seaweed.
- Serve with your favourite rice.