Best made with:
- Firm Tofu
- Ethnic Cuisine
|1 pkg||Sunrise Firm Tofu|
|1-2||Garlic Cloves , minced|
|2 tbsp||Soy Sauce|
|3 tbsp||Rice Vinegar|
|2 tbsp||Sesame Oil|
|1 tsp||White Pepper|
|1 tsp||Celery Salt|
|¼ cup||All-Purpose or Gluten-free Flour|
|1 tsp||Garlic Powder|
|1 tsp||Onion Powder|
|½ tsp||Baking Powder|
|Fresh Ground Pepper to taste|
|¾ cup||Sunrise Unsweetened Soya Beverage 1.89L|
|1 cup||Panko Breadcrumbs|
- Wrap tofu in paper towel and press excess water out by weighing down with a heavy pan for 10 minutes, removing as much liquid as possible.
- Combine marinade ingredients together in an 8×8” square baking pan. Slice tofu into four rectangular “steaks”. Place in a single layer in the marinade, flip once and let sit 20-30 minutes.
- Remove tofu from marinade, drain off excess liquid.
- Combine all the breading ingredients except the panko in a bowl until it is a thick slurry. Dip each tofu steak into the slurry, drain off excess and then coat in panko.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes, flipping over halfway through cooking. If using air-fryer, air fry for 15-17minutes, flipping over halfway through. For deep frying, deep fry at 375°F for 4 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve with rice and Tonkatsu sauce.