Best made with:
Tofu Noodle Soup with Cilantro and Lime
- Comfort Food
- Medium Firm Tofu
More comforting than chicken noodle soup, this fragrant and flavourful tofu and vegetable soup is satisfying and easy to make.
|1 pkg||Sunrise Firm Tofu , diced|
|¼ cup||Olive Oil|
|1½ tsp||Chili Powder|
|1½ tsp||Ground Cumin|
|½ tsp||Black Pepper|
|½ tsp||Hot Pepper Flakes|
|Pinch||of Ground Cinnamon|
|1 stalk||Celery , diced|
|½ cup||Onion , diced|
|2 cloves||Garlic , minced|
|1 tbsp.||Fresh Thyme , finely chopped|
|2||Carrots , diced|
|8 cups||Vegetable Broth|
|1 tbsp.||Ground Tumeric|
|5 oz||Egg Noodles|
|2 cups||Packed Thinly Sliced Kale , stems removed|
|¼ cup||Fresh Cilantro , finely chopped|
|1 tsp||Lime Zest , freshly grated|
|¼ cup||Lime Juice , freshly squeezed|
|2 tbsp.||Toasted Sesame Seeds|
- In large saucepan set over medium-high heat, heat oil. Cook tofu, chili powder, cumin, salt, black pepper, hot pepper flakes and cinnamon, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until well coated and fragrant.
- Add celery, onion, garlic and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are starting to soften.
- Stir in carrots, broth, turmeric and bay leaves; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in egg noodles and kale; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until noodles are tender and kale is wilted. Discard bay leaves.
- Stir in cilantro, lime zest and lime juice. Divide among bowls and garnish with sesame seeds.
For a spicy finish, serve with a drizzle of harissa sauce or habanero hot sauce.