Best made with:
Creamy Romesco Soup
- Comfort Food
- Soft Tofu
- Side Meals
Made with Soft Tofu and vegan!
|1 pkg||Sunrise Soft Tofu , blended|
|1/8 cup||olive oil|
|2 large||red bell peppers , roasted whole|
|4||medium tomatoes , roasted whole|
|5||cloves of garlic|
|2 cups||low sodium vegetable broth|
|½ cup||almond butter|
|¾ tsp||smoked paprika|
|½ tsp||red pepper flakes|
|1/8 tsp||ground black pepper|
|1½ tbsp||lemon juice|
- Preheat the oven broiler to 450°F or low setting.
- In a large bowl toss together olive oil, garlic cloves, bell peppers and tomatoes. Pour onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and broil/roast in oven for 4 minutes or until skin starts to blacken, then rotate and continue to broil until all sides are slightly blackened. Remove from oven, allow to cool enough to handle then peel the skins off the peppers and tomatoes.
- Once peeled place into a blender with broth, almond butter, spices, red pepper flakes, lemon juice and tofu, pulse until smooth.
- Pour soup into a medium pot and bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with toasted bread or croutons. Refrigerate leftovers, use within 5 days.