Best made with:
Thai Squash Soup
- Comfort Food
- Soft Tofu
- Side Meals
Thai Squash Soup with Sriracha Tofu Croutons. Made with Soft Tofu and vegan!
|1 pkg||Sunrise Soft Tofu , cubed|
|1||large butternut squash (about 6 cups) , cut into 1” cubes|
|2 tbsp||olive oil|
|1||large onion , diced|
|2||garlic cloves , minced|
|3 tbsp||ginger , grated|
|2 tbsp||red curry paste|
|1 tbsp||fish sauce|
|1 stalk||lemongrass , cut into 2” long pieces and smashed|
|1||lime (about 1 tbsp) , zested and juiced|
|900mL||Low sodium vegetable broth|
|½ cup||cilantro , chopped|
For Tofu Croutons:
|1 pkg||Sunrise Extra Firm Tofu , cubed|
|1 tbsp||Sriracha hot sauce|
|½ cup||vegetable oil for frying|
|2||green onions , sliced|
|1 bunch||fresh cilantro , roughly chopped|
|2||Thai chilies (optional garnish)|
- Steam cubed squash until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- To make the tofu croutons heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add in the tofu and fry for 2 minutes browning all sides, about 10 minutes. Add the Sriracha sauce in the last few minutes of frying, lower heat if necessary so the sauce doesn’t burn. Remove tofu from pan and drain on paper towel, allow to cool.
- In a large pot, sauté the onions over medium heat for 3 minutes until translucent. Add the garlic, ginger, red curry paste, fish sauce and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, stirring to scrap up any browned bits on the bottom of the pot. Add the lemongrass and steamed squash to the pot, bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and lime zest and juice and simmer another 5 minutes. Remove the lemongrass pieces. Add in the soft tofu.
- Pour soup into a blender (or use an immersion blender) and purée until smooth.
- Serve immediately, garnish with cilantro, green onion, and chilies if desired.
- Refrigerate any leftovers, use within 5 days or freeze leftovers.