Best made with:
Tofu Latkes with Tofu Sour Cream
- Comfort Food
- Extra Firm Tofu
- Ethnic Cuisine
Vegan savoury potato pancakes, served with dairy-free sour cream
|1 pkg||Sunrise Extra Firm Tofu , shredded|
|1 cup||zucchini , shredded|
|½ cup||onion , shredded|
|2 cups||potato , peeled & shredded|
|4 tbsp||oil (for frying)|
|1 pkg||Sunrise Soft Tofu|
|1 tbsp||lemon juice|
|1 tsp||fresh garlic , minced|
- Pat tofu dry.
- Shred tofu, zucchini, onion and potatoes with a coarse grater.
- Line a large bowl with paper towel, add shredded potatoes, zucchini and onion, cover with more paper towel and squeeze to remove excess liquid, less liquid will make frying easier and crispier latkes. Repeat as necessary.
- Combine the tofu with the vegetables, add the cornstarch, flour, salt and pepper to the vegetables use your hands to combine.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan on medium- high heat. Using a ¼ cup measuring scoop, evenly place 4-6 scoops of batter into the pan (depending on the size of your pan, don’t overcrowd).
- Using a spatula, flatten the latkes into thin pancakes and fry for 5-6 minutes, then flip and fry for another 5-6 minutes. Add more oil as needed.
- Once cooked, remove from pan and set on paper towel. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Sour Cream: Blend all ingredients together. Top on tofu latkes as desired.