Best made with:
Vegan Mac & Cheese
- Comfort Food
- Soft Tofu
- Kid Friendly
A delicious vegan sauce that will have the pickiest critics begging for more!
|1 pkg||Sunrise Soft Tofu , blended|
|2 cup||sweet potatoes , cut into ¾“ diced cubes and steamed|
|2 tbsp||vegan butter or margarine|
|1 tsp||onion powder|
|¼ tsp||garlic powder|
|¼ tsp||mustard powder|
|pinch||of cayenne pepper (optional)|
|⅓ cup||nutritional yeast|
|1½ tbsp||fresh lemon juice|
|1-2 tbsp||almond milk (add more if needed)|
|½ tsp||sea salt|
|16 oz||Scoobi Doo, Elbow or pasta of choice|
- directions on package.
- Place a steamer basket inside a large pot and fill with 1” of water. Place sweet potatoes in basket and bring to a boil, cover and steam until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add cooked sweet potato and tofu to a blender, pulse until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt margarine, stir in spices, heat for 30 seconds then add the pureed tofu and sweet potatoes, mix well and gently warm.
- Stir in lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt and just enough almond milk to adjust to desired consistency. Continue to heat for 5 minutes. If desired, puree sauce a second time for an ultra-smooth, creamy sauce.
- Pour over prepared noodles and serve immediately. Garnish as desired with paprika, chili flakes or fresh cracked pepper.