Best made with:
Whipped Feta Tofu Dip with Roasted Tomatoes
- Firm Tofu
- Entertain with Tofu
- Soft Tofu
- Side Meals
Soft tofu is whipped in the food processor until creamy, and firm tofu is crumbled in for a plant-based whipped “feta” dip that’s irresistible — a perfect accompaniment for toasted pita crisps and roasted tomatoes spiked with thyme.
|1 pkg||Sunrise Soft Tofu|
|½ pkg||Sunrise Firm Tofu , crumbled|
|1 tbsp.||Lemon Juice , freshly squeezed|
|2 tbsp.||Olive Oil|
|2 tbsp.||Finely Chopped Fresh Dill , divided|
|2 tbsp.||Finely Chopped Dill Pickle|
|5 tsp||Nutritional Yeast|
|½ tsp||Dried Oregano|
|½ tsp||Black Pepper|
|1 pkg||Cherry Tomatoes|
|4 cloves||Garlic , halved|
|¼ cup||Olive Oil|
|1 tbsp.||Fresh Thyme , finely chopped|
- Whipped Feta: In food processor, mix together soft tofu, garlic, lemon juice, oil, 1 tbsp (15 mL) dill, gherkin, nutritional yeast, oregano, salt and pepper until smooth and creamy, scraping down sides of bowl if needed. Add crumbled firm tofu and pulse until incorporated.
- Roasted Tomatoes: Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In medium bowl, toss together tomatoes, garlic, oil, thyme and salt. Transfer to 9-inch glass baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tomatoes are starting to burst and garlic is tender.
- Meanwhile, wrap pitas in foil and bake with roasted tomatoes for 10 to 15 minutes or until warmed through. Cut into wedges.
- Spread dip in shallow serving dish. Spoon roasted tomato mixture over top. Garnish with remaining dill and serve with warm pitas.
Alternatively, serve dip with slices of rustic sourdough bread, flatbread or crackers.