Best made with:
Za’atar Roasted Cauliflower Soup
- Comfort Food
- Soft Tofu
- Side Meals
Made with Soft Tofu and vegan!
|2 pkg||Sunrise Soft Tofu , blended|
|1||large head Cauliflower (about 6 cups) , cut into florets|
|¼ cup + 2 tbsp||olive oil|
|2 tbsp||Za’atar spice blend|
|1||medium onion (about 1 ½ cups) , diced|
|2||garlic cloves , minced|
|1 cup||carrots , diced|
|1½ cups||celery , diced|
|900 mL||Low sodium vegetable broth|
For Tahini Cream:
|1||lemon , zested and juiced|
|½ cup||parsley , chopped|
|½ cup||pomegranate arils|
|½ cup||pumpkin seeds|
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss cauliflower florets with ¼ cup of olive oil and za’atar spice. Spread onto large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
- In a large pot, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, sauté for 3 minutes until translucent. Add the garlic, celery, carrots and herbs and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add in the vegetable broth and roasted cauliflower. Bring to a boil and then simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender add the tahini, soft tofu, salt and pepper and lemon zest, and 2 tbsp. of water, pulse until mixed well and smooth. Reserve ½ cup to garnish soup before serving.
- Add soup to a tahini mixture in blender, puree soup until you have a smooth consistency.
- Serve immediately; drizzle soup with the reserved tahini cream and garnish with parsley, pomegranate arils and pumpkin seeds. Refrigerate leftovers, use within 5 days or freeze leftovers.